kimmyandkids -->

Monday, October 24, 2005

yikes!!!

I took Trevor to the pediatric Dentist this morning for his appointment. It is a very impressive facility decorated in an underwater theme with a huge aquarium in the waiting room. Very kid oriented. The Dentist comes in and examines his teeth without doing x-rays. He was able to determine that Trevor needs work done on 4 teeth and the only way he will do it is under general anesthesia. I really do not know how I feel about that but at the same time I know this work needs to be done in order to prevent further decay and he has a problem breathing thru his nose so the dentist said that under general he will be able to get he work done faster and better. So we talk a little more about it and then I go to the billing department to discuss how much this will cost. YIKES! Over $400.00 (with Insurance) and then another $490.00 an hour for the anesthisiologist! I probably can get $320.00 back from my insurance on the anesthesia but I have to do the work for that one. Wow! this was a shock for me. Hope you all have a better day :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Holy moly!! I hope everything works out in this dept. Yikes!

PS- You've been tagged. :) http://joleensartisticendeavors.blogspot.com/2005/10/twenty.html

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home