kimmyandkids -->

Saturday, October 15, 2005

DISGUSTED......

Today I write with utter disgust. I am disgusted by all of the drug companies claims to have the medication right for your ailment, I am disgusted with the media for allowing airtime to these drug companies to promote these 'so-called' treatments, I am disgusted with our government who funds these programs that create these drugs that not only cover up the ailments they in fact create more problems. Why are we paying so much attention and money for bandaids? That is what we are doing. What can we do in order to better ourselves and prevent further damage being done to our bodies and to our childrens? We can start by changing our life styles. We can go beyond our comfort zone and do what our ancestors did. We are programmed to do what the doctors tell us. We are programmed to do what society feeds us thru media. Who governs that? Our Government, thats who! We elected these officials to tell us what to do. Sickening isn't it?

So now that I have vented out some of my frustrations to you my challenge is to make some changes. These are going to be very hard changes and many of them I know for a fact are not going to be comfortable. This will take time, patience, knowledge and encouragement. I am going to try to post my progress at least every other day with the changes I am making in hopes to gain the support one needs to continue.

Some of you know that I have made some changes in the home already. For starts we have been only drinking organic milk and I purchase mostly (when available) organic fruits, vegetables, cheeses and some meats (you can get chicken @ Trader Joes). It takes some work on my part but I feel like I am providing my family with some better choices. The hardest things to rid my house of are the snacks. Chips, sodas and candy are somewhat staples that in time will be no longer here. I do try homeopathic remedies before synthetic forms. This too is hard because if we have a headache we immediately turn to the pain meds. So you can see it is a lifestyle change that I really want for my family and hope in time will make a difference.

Today I went on the internet and puchased a tea called yerba mate tea. I had just read about it this a.m. Do a google search to find out more if you are interested. Its pretty cheap and one of my goals is to lose weight and have more energy. This might help me with that!

So next week I am back at the gym 3 to 4 times a week. I am anxious to go back and can't wait to share the results. Have a great day!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home