kimmyandkids -->

Monday, September 05, 2005

sadness

i like many others, feel much sadness for the people affected by hurricane katrina. this should never have happened. i mean we can't stop the hurricanes or any other natural disaster but we could have been more prepared. the lives that have been lost is outrageous and who is to say what will happen when disease spreads because of the toxic waters and air that they are breathing. i wish that there was something we could do to speed up this process. i want to turn the t.v. off and not listen or see what is going on but my heart will not let me. this could have been me and my family or other family members. i am one of the fortunate ones in that i can say that i do not know anyone who has been displaced or hurt. if one lesson could be learned from this it would be to be more prepared. my heart and prayers are there for everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know. I am feeling very helpless regarding this but am trying to do what I can.

Yes, we should learn to be more prepared. But, here we are in California where a disasterous earthquake can happen anytime and most of us aren't prepared either. It's hard to say how you should prepare for a natural disaster, IMO.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home