kimmyandkids -->

Friday, May 19, 2006

motivation

So yesterday we had a dinner for Sandy's birthday...I made her a couple of bracelets and they were being passed around the table for everyone to see. I was asked if I enjoyed making them and I replied by saying, "of course, but I have to be motivated to do so". So in turn I was asked, "what motivates you?". Well, that is a good question. What does motivate me? I sat down this morning and thought about this one. For starts, my house must be clean. There can be no dishes in the sink and I need to have either finished the laundry or it is in process. Oh, and my bed must be made partly because that is where I make the jewelry. It's kind of funny when I think about it but I must feel that being creative is my reward for 'doing my chores'. This must be something I took from my childhood because I can remember my mom saying that we can only play (which included crafts) after we had done our chores. Interesting how now that I am a parent I still play by my moms rules.

So now when you see projects that I have worked on you will know that my chores are done :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home