kimmyandkids -->

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Revlon Run/Walk 2006

Today marked the 2nd Annual (for me) Revlon Run/Walk for Women's Cancer. I am proud to say that once again Vivian and I made it to the finish line. Yeah for us!!!

It amazes me that 70,000+ people of all races/ethnicities can all come together for once cause. Unfortunately cancer affects us all and it doesn't seem real until you attend an event such as this. As we walk we read the banners with names and sometimes faces of people who have lost their lives to cancer. Then there are the survivors and the friends and family of survivors. One minute you find yourself saddened by a loss and then the next you read about a 15 year survivor. Your emotions just don't know what to do. Fortunately for me I was able to maintain a smile. Though my legs were not too happy with me I was there and I enjoyed being there amongst the crowds all wanting just one thing.......a cure!!

Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! That includes mom's of pups and turtles too!

1 Comments:

Blogger mrsskeels said...

Congrtulations on another great walk! zMaybe you will be ready for the "run" next year? No, me either. Happy Mother's Day! I love you.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home