kimmyandkids -->

Sunday, August 27, 2006

what are the chances?



So today I am tackling one of my many projects of cleaning things out. Years ago Sandy (my mother in law) brought over a bunch of things she purchased from a local yard sale. She was very adament about me not getting rid of this collection of cookbooks...so being the nice daughter in law I am I appeased her and held on to them. Curiosity drove me to take a closer look at these books this morning. As I started taking the books out I noticed that there were two pamphlets that had address labels on them. It struck me really weird because the address on the labels looked real familiar. So I call my mom and ask her what her address was when she was growing up. Do you know where this is going yet? Well when she told me the exact address that is on these labels that date back to 1968 I was floored. What are the chances of me having in my possesion cookbooks (or at least two pamphlets) that belonged to my Grandmother? Is this spooky or what? I guess things do come full circle.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Whoa! That's so interesting!

2:48 PM  
Blogger mrsskeels said...

That is truely amazing. It is definately a small world. I'd love to see that cookbook you've pictured. I Love old cookbooks!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home